10.15.2007

Snorkeling and the blues

The two highlights of our Hawaii trip were snorkeling at Sharks Cove and then meeting with and hearing Ron Artis and his family including Victor, Ron, PraiseJesus, Stevon, Thunderstorm, and America play some crazy good blues music. You may wonder how I know all of their names. I didn't even have to look them up because they all personally introduced themselves to us and were so cordial and friendly. I was a little skeptical when we first met the family. I mean, it is a family band, they can not be that good. Well I was definitely not disappointed. I feel like the stuff they have on YouTube is great but nothing compares to their live music. Here is an embedded link to one of their videos. You may need to download the DivX plugin to see this one on the blog. Do it.

2 comments:

Mr. Belvedeere said...

did you go diving?

Anonymous said...

I should have but no I didn't. Brynn needs to get certified. I didn't really want to go without knowing anybody.