9.23.2007

Am I too old?

The wife and I went to the Utah State homecoming football game last night and Brynn made the comment "we are getting old." I then thought about how I just got accepted to the local community college and don't start nursing school until January. Am I starting this path a little too late? Probably.

The Aggie game by the way was just awful. Utah State really had the game won, but I have learned from my college years to never overestimate the USU football team. With 1:54 left on the clock and the team up by 4 I figured they had a good chance. San Jose then marched quickly down the field and had a long pass to a receiver on the 2 yard line. The throw was short and even the defender had time to stop and watch the pass coming. No attempt was made to bat the pass down or to intercept it but instead the corner gave the receiver a yard or two space and looked like he was preparing to tackle him once he caught the ball. HE WAS ON THE TWO YARD LINE. The receiver made the catch and then pulled the defender two yards into the endzone. I was dumbfounded. All I could think about was how in the hell did Jon and Jake not make the team.
Okay so then San Jose gets called for celebrating and has to kick from the 15 yard line. The kickoff goes maybe 35 yards and I swear the Utah State players were backing away to let the ball roll like they sometimes do on punts. Nobody went for the ball and it bounced back into the kickoff team's hands. Game over.
Luckily I wasn't expecting them to win but I really couldn't imagine how they were going
to pull off this loss. This Aggie football team just never ceases to amaze me.

On a lighter note, BYU looked fantastic.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

You're never too old to go to a community college. At least you already have one degree. I also agree that Utah State football is always coming up with new ways to leave you feeling disappointed.

Eric said...

You're not old, you're seasoned.