9.26.2007

Backbreaker!

Chiropractors - The quick fix.
I have very negative memories of chiropractors. During lacrosse in high school I had some serious back problems and went to several different chiropractors that told me I just needed to be "re-aligned." After many visits I never really got any better so I went to a Sports Medicine Doctor who took x-rays and discovered I had scoliosis and there was nothing I could do to fix it but that by strengthening my core muscles I might function better, which ended up being true. I also went with my father to a chiropractor once because he had a stiff neck and I really thought that my dad was going to slaughter the guy because of how much pain he was putting him through. What is up with the profession? Are chiropractors just dying for more customers and money or do they really think they have the answers to so many of these problems?

No comments: